Highlights of the day:
1. Visiting my parents’ church, which they planted 2.5 years ago. It was a joy to worship with them and hear my dad preach the Word. We were so blessed by the members there and their love for one another and for my parents. My parents have never been happier in their lives and I am SO thankful to God for blessing them with this beautiful group of believers.
2. Hearing Mike do a special song for the worship service: “There’s No One Like You”.
3. Getting shave ice as an after-church treat. Auj got sweaty at church, so it helped to cool her off. 🙂
4. Being treated to yummy steaks by one of my dad’s church members. Even Marcus got to eat a kid’s filet mignon. My favorite part was when I was ordering his food and the waiter asked, “How does he like his steak?”
5. Seeing the kids bond with their grandparents and truly enjoy their company.
6. Engaging in a sweet conversation with my dad about grace, the Gospel, preaching, sincere love for the church, and humility as a leader.